Rushmore Loan Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Research Specialist
at Rushmore Loan Management Services
- Job ID
- Loan Administration
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
Rushmore Loan Management Services is growing rapidly and expanding our team. We want YOU to be a part of it! If you are a top performer looking for a company that can provide opportunities to grow in your career, Rushmore is the place for you. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental and vision benefits effective Day 1 of employment.
As a nationwide mortgage servicer licensed in all 50 states with nearly $50 billion in loans being serviced and growing, we offer a dynamic team environment, collaborative culture, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Loan Research Specialist is responsible to process tasks, prepare correspondence, and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process requests received from borrowers and third party (through phone and correspondence), responding to them accordingly within the departmental guidelines and procedures
- Mentor subordinate associates to ensure adherence to pre-established procedures and guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Update MSP to document the status of all outstanding correspondence received from borrowers and third parties
- Research and correct Credit Bureau inquiries
- Investigate and research more difficult transactions to include interface with other departments to resolve problems/issues
- Process refund checks
- Perform all related balancing and record keeping functions relative to payment
- Perform other duties or projects are assigned by manager
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Customer service, team and goal oriented with a positive attitude towards work and others.
- Ability to work in a high volume and time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to interact with internal staff and external customers.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workflow in a high-volume environment ability to work well independently, as well as, part of a team to achieve department/group goals.
- Well versed with regulatory and investor guidelines and keeps current with all Federal, State, industry specific and departmental policies.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three plus years of experience in mortgage loan servicing or in a related area
- Has complete knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts, practices, and procedures within the mortgage industry
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Intermediate working knowledge of the Alltel Servicing system is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.