Rushmore Loan Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vertica Database Administrator, Senior
at Rushmore Loan Management Services
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
Rushmore Loan Management Services is growing rapidly and expanding our team. We want YOU to be a part of it! If you are a top performer looking for a company that can provide opportunities to grow in your career, Rushmore is the place for you. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental and vision benefits effective Day 1 of employment.
As a nationwide mortgage servicer licensed in all 50 states with nearly $50 billion in loans being serviced and growing, we offer a dynamic team environment, collaborative culture, and commitment to customer satisfaction.
The Senior Vertica Database Administrator as part of the DevOps team is responsible for interacting with multiple development teams to implement architectural requirements within a repeatable, redundant and supportable framework. The position will be supporting and optimizing Vertica and other database frameworks, providing support, architecture, design and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day administration and monitoring of Vertica and MS SQL databases.
- Break/Fix support of existing database infrastructure.
- Performance tuning and configuration of database systems to support HA and DR requirements.
- Architect and design of new database initiatives.
- Lead cross training initiatives in an effort to improve the overall knowledge on the team.
- Assist the various development teams by participating in discussions.
- Provide escalation support for database technologies within company environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of Vertica architecture, schema design, performance tuning, and optimization techniques such as projections and partitions.
- Expertise in Vertica Installation, Upgrade, Backup/Restore, Cluster management via Vertica Management Console and CLI.
- Expertise in analysis and troubleshooting Vertica database related issues.
- Ability to work well and participate in a team environment.
- Able to exercise great initiative and independent judgment.
- Good knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- High regard for confidentiality and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service.
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to document processes for others to implement.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Application/Operations DBA experience
- 2+ years of Vertica DBA experience doing database design, projection development and tuning, resource pool setup and tuning, use of Vertica DBD utility, as well as Management Console and other Vertica performance monitoring and tuning tools
- Strong understanding and working experience of HP-Vertica Analytics Database.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to implement solutions.
- Experience in Database development, Data warehousing Modeling, Database Optimization.
- Experience managing MS SQL databases a plus.
- Past experience working with Development and QA teams.
- Mortgage Industry experience a plus.
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- HP Vertica
- Other Databases (such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications