Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Buyer- Sally Hair Care and Color
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies located in Denton Texas. A business built with a purpose to provide our customers with access to high-quality professional beauty products and exceptional customer service.
We are currently looking for an Associate Buyer to add to our growing Sally Hair Care and Color Merchandising team. This position will have direct responsibility for a portion of the aggregate category as designated by the Buyer. Responsible for the day to day management and execution of business processes to maximize sales and gross margin objectives, while managing inventory objectives for specific categories. Works actively with the Buyer and cross functional team in developing strategic objectives to ensure long term sustained growth.
- Develops the assortment strategy for a portion of the aggregate category. Works collaboratively with vendor and cross functional teams to maximize first to market approach of on trend products, and promotional and pricing strategy for the assigned category. Supports category management process by researching, analyzing and drawing conclusions from customers, data, vendors, needs, and task analyses to provide a concise, logical merchandising focus. Identifies and promotes new products and trends in a timely manner to maximize sales potential. Collaboratively builds and executes strategic business plans to ensure overall success of the category to achieve company objectives.
- Contributes to and supports the category management process to achieve sales and management objectives. Partners appropriately to manage the flyer building and buying process ensuring that all deadlines are adhered to. Measures the effectiveness of the advertising offer through sell through. Partners appropriately to manage the pricing process to ensure accuracy and a competitive position.
- Works independently and/or supports category team in the negotiation with vendors to reduce costs and increase margins. Negotiate special terms, discounts, allowances and payment dating in all appropriate opportunities.
- Identifies and devises profitable exit strategies, including vendor participation, of slow selling items, discontinued items, package changes and poor promotional sell through.
- Attends vendor meetings and tradeshow presentations to identify sales opportunities through new products, trends and competitive strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Business/ Purchasing preferred
- 2-4 years Merchandising or Planning and Allocation experience in related field. Consumer goods and services preferred
- Computer skills including AS 400 Operating system, Excel Spreadsheet, Microsoft Word and Outlook e-mail.
- JDA experience would be a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with high creative potential
- Ability to multi task with accuracy
- Leadership qualities and work ethics that dictate the standards for the department
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.