Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business License Specialist
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Business License Specialist to join our team! Responsible for the timely completion of all appropriate business license applications and renewals for all store, warehouse and office locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Assist with other Tax Department projects as time allows.
- Communicate with District Managers, Territory Managers, store personnel and taxing authorities to determine the proper business licenses needed for store, warehouse and office locations.
- Prioritize all incoming renewals to ensure timely completion and avoid costly financial penalties, as there are multiple filing deadlines.
- Complete all aspects of business license renewal including cost of business license. Accurately perform required calculations (calculations vary depending on locality) to determine correct cost to renew appropriate business license. Compare calculated amount to prior amounts and investigate any large variances.
- Maintain database of all locations listing appropriate business license required and if said license is current. Failure to renew a license will result in financial penalties and/or closure of store location resulting in lost sales. Audit stores via telephone and or files to insure proper business licensing has been attained and is current.
- Assist with other Tax Department projects as time allows.
- High school diploma
- 2 years of experience in filing for business licenses and/or accounts payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Access and Lawson experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- 10 key
- Detail oriented
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to work well under pressure as job entails multiple filing deadlines
- Ability to apply and perform basic mathematical calculations
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.