Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Inventory Accounting
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Manager of Inventory Accounting.
Our Manager of Inventory Accounting is responsible for managing an inventory accounting department team. The activities include managing the inventory service budget, inventory service scheduling, store physical inventories, store inventory valuations/reconciliations and related reserves. This position is also responsible for store damages, defective returns, store to store transfers, return to warehouse, and other inventory movement activities related to stores. The manager is responsible for all journal entries, account reconciliations, GAAP compliance and SOX compliance for the Inventory Accounting Department.
- Establishes and ensures compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices related to accounting for inventory reserves and related areas of inventory. Analyzes financial trends and provides advice or makes recommendations for changes to policies as needed.
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the functional control over the store physical inventory process, related transactions, and reserves. Supervises the assigned Inventory accounting staff and reviews/approves their work products
- Responds to inquiries from senior management, other departments and the field organizations regarding inventory valuation or shrinkage. Provides research, analysis, and reporting, including special projects.
- Visits off-site locations to ensure the compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices. Develops strategies and tactics for improving operation efficiencies while improving service levels. Works with IT and outside vendors to identify and resolve system issues.
- Manages month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes, including journal entries, account analysis and internal reporting related to store inventory including audit support. Responds to requests from internal and external audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other degree is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting
- CPA, supervisory experience and Oracle GL experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.