Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Business Manager
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Payroll Business manager.
This is an experienced Payroll Manager with a strong foundation in payroll tax, analytics and accounting. The Manager is responsible for a high volume, fast paced setting in handling the back end of payroll processing (tax, analysis, accounting and expense reimbursements) including 4 strong and developing leaders. The Manager needs to be detailed oriented with a sense of urgency while being able to multi-task and working in a changing environment.
- Partner with internal and external auditors regarding payroll related activities.
- Reporting, auditing, and performing compliance duties, including reviewing discrepancy reports between the systems to identify and resolve issues immediately and maintenance of sound internal controls.
- Oversee and review reconciliations of payroll and other accounts as required and all GL activities related to net pay, accrued payroll, payroll taxes and employee benefits contributions.
- Establish SLAs and KPIs to measure, monitor and manage Payroll functions services to the Operating companies
- Build and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for payroll processes including SOX controls
- Manage payroll tax service providers filing processes for federal, state and local returns and deposits in compliance with statutory deadlines.
- Research and compliance with any new state and local tax filing and withholding requirements for new jurisdictions.
- Oversee calendar year-end close.
- Manage 3 party vendors
- Provide leadership and direction to the team.
- Responsible for recruitment, development and retention.
- Work with Financial Business Partners and HR Managers to create solutions which resolve any resulting audit and/or compliance issues.
- Partner effectively with HR, IT, Accounting and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data for reporting and ensure proper calculation and payments.
- Provides acquisition due diligence and integration support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of payroll experience required.
- Oracle HCM Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, professional and persuasive communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive and be motivated by a fast-paced team environment; practicing sound judgment, adaptability, problem solving.
- Strong initiative and self-starting disposition.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax laws.
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of legal regulations surrounding payroll in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive data appropriately.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Must be organized, analytical, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Must have a strong teamwork orientation, as well as solid written / verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include late nights or on occasion weekend hours to complete required payroll duties.
- Ability to sit for multiple hours at a time and to work multiple hours a day at a computer keyboard.
- Ability to remain alert and focused throughout the day.
- Forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas.
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may be required or assigned.
- Payroll Certification (FPC or CPP) preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Substantial knowledge of payroll requirements including payroll taxes, benefits, garnishments, disability and other self directed deduction programs.
- Team player who is a change agent with the proven ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines and the willingness to work extra hours if needed.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Payroll system enhancement experience helpful. Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business problems related to automated systems and operations.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.