Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Tax Analyst
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E
Overview of the Sales Tax Analyst: Process, analyze, and reconcile the sales/use tax return filings and accounts. Resolve notices/assessments with taxing authorities. Update and maintain tax rate changes. Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Prepare and file all assigned sales/use tax returns through analysis of incoming data, preparation of workpapers, and processing of payments (includes joint custodial responsibilities of tax-related bank accounts)
- Process tax reconciliations and necessary journal entries related to General Ledger and Software Systems
- Handle and resolve Notices/Assessments from assigned jurisdictions and negotiate minimal payouts
- Update and maintain tax rate changes. Process tax rate changes through Vertex. Update the tax rate changes for all POS systems and the Store Master. Assist with special projects, as needed
- Assist in Sarbanes Oxley testing and documentation
- High School Diploma; College degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of sales tax experience or 5 years of comparable experience in lieu of college degree
- Vertex returns preparation experience
- Basic accounting knowledge with account reconciliation experience and journal entry preparation
- Extensive problem solving skills, internet research, direct resolution with taxing authorities.
Heavy intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel & Word
- 10 key
- The ability to work independently and make decisions, and know when to bring problems to management