Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Warehouse Manager
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Responsible for most Operational and Financial aspects of the distribution center including budgeting and budget performance, work schedule planning, managing and coordinating the receipt, storage, sortation and distribution of beauty products, supplies, returns, transfers, special orders, show orders, deal breaks, and store fixtures. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and DOT/FAA compliance of product movement for all customer and/or store orders. Ensures the integrity of all warehouse inventories with compliance to all ICC rules and policies. Assists Vice President of Distribution with employee relation concerns including payroll, recruiting, performance reviews, policy communication and enforcement, and conflict resolution. Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Vice President of Distribution in continually addressing all ergonomic or health issues.
- Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by enforcing company safety, ergonomic, egress, hazardous training/Right to know, Shipping of Dangerous Goods, loss prevention and other related programs; creating and enforcing site specific addendums to such policies; performing and monitoring proactive reviews of such programs; and communicating issues/infractions to upper management and taking appropriate action regarding offenses
- Assisting Vice President of Distribution with budget preparation and maintaining efficient cost control by operating within the operational budget set for the distribution center
- Maintain accurate, efficient and current receiving status including communicating related issues and concerns to upper management and merchandising
- Maintain accurate inventories by performing cycle counts and/or conduct an annual physical inventory, auditing inventory control related processes to control and minimize inventory shrink
- Maintain accurate, efficient and current shipping status
- Assists in developing and maintain training; educational programs and career advancement opportunities for employees.
Provide a positive workplace environment in order to maintain a union free environment
- Ensure good communications with customers, field and corporate office
- Work with Merchandising on vendor Purchase Order discrepancies
- Assist Transportation Manager to achieve lowest possible freight cost for a specified service level
- Assist in Warehouse Management System development/upgrades
- Perform all other duties as requested by management
- High school diploma
- 5 years of direct supervisory experience in a high volume distribution center
- At least two years in Management of a BSG Warehouse
- Experience performing in a goal setting environment
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
- Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System including inquiry and report writing
- Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of warehouse groups
- Written communication skills including financial and operational reports
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.