Sally Beauty Holdings I
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sally Beauty Holdings I
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Transporation Manager to join our team. This person will be responsible for the daily activities of transportation and warehouse operations for order shipment, coordination, and verification of product delivery. Supports stores service focus, process efficiency, and lowest costs for operational partnership. Supports planning, coordinating and maintaining economical and efficient transportation services for the company.
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records to determine shipping priorities, On-time delivery and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Supports store/customer transportation opportunities as they occur
- Manages TPS third party inbound vendor freight audit program
- Support the annual carrier bid process; manage freight carrier scorecards and quarterly meetings
- Monitor daily UPS service levels
- Maintain accurate control over all store and customer shipments by complying with all ICC and Sarbanes-Oxley policies and procedures, including regular invoice and shipping document audits
- Insure compliance with the company’s ethics and EEO policies both personally and within the organization managed
- Recruit, train, motivate, retain, and direct assigned staff effectively and within budget to accomplish departmental or organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of Traffic/Freight Management and Transportation experience in retail or similar environment
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume organization, which mandates quick decision-making and effective communication.
- Expansive exposure and experience in contract negotiations.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and freight rating software
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.