Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUE Field Supervisor (Utility Designator)
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete timely and accurate status reports
- Travel out of town and attend meetings as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Promote company policies and philosophies to employees
- Promptly investigate, report, and take any immediately required attention to mitigate any client's complaints and/or damage claims arising in your area of responsibility
- Promptly communicate with SUE Field Technician, Project Managers, and QA Technician when unusual circumstances, special cases or error warrant their attention to complete a project
- Assist crews with daily/weekly project assignments; be a liaison between departments and coordinate assignments with local authorities and other SAM offices, helping as necessary and causing assignments to be successfully completed
- Assist with utility company relations in order to obtain all necessary technical, administrative or record information needed to designate, locate, survey, process and deliver completed projects to clients
- All responsibilities of a SUE Field Technician III
- Training of SUE Field Technicians (Designating, Surveying and Locating)
- Field Supervision of multiple SUE crews
- Overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy and completeness of all data obtained/recorded by multiple SUE crews
- Direct responsibilities for the "Organizational Level" maintenance of assigned vehicles and equipment
- Timely documentation and communications to the SUE Phase Manager
- Obtain and maintain all certifications for each operation's position
- Successful completion of the Field Supervisors Training Program or completion of each certification in the skills inventory
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a field supervisor managing a minimum of 5 crews
- High School Diploma required; some college a plus
- Must be able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends and out of town work possible)
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- Highly organized and attention to detail
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.