Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gunsmith - Full Time - $17.00 - $21.00/Hr
at Scheels Sports
|Title:||Gunsmith - Full Time - $17.00 - $21.00/Hr|
|Store Location:||The Colony, TX|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Gun Smith position is responsible for providing accurate and knowledgeable diagnostics, installations and repairs to firearms. This position will provide superior customer service to all Scheels customers and within the Scheels team.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Knowledgeable on use of machine practices related to specific products
- Knowledgeable on use and application of the following:
- CNC Lathe
- CNC Mill
- Maintain supply of used parts and be able to locate and order parts needed to fulfill customer needs
- Demonstrate repairs on firearms; including fabrication of parts, secure proper fit and functionality
- Maintain and update technical manuals for specific firearm repairs
- Perform hands on work with firearms including but is not limited to: cleaning, diagnostic tests, assembly, disassemble, installation, and refinishing
- Analyze and keep records of work orders for all firearms, in and out of shop as required by ATF
- Review and understand profit/loss statement
- Complete warranty correspondence on all firearms repaired under factory warranty status
- Maintain MSDS records as well as update any and all local and federal government permits
- Provide sales support to surrounding departments for sales and service of products and accessories aiding in customer purchases
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Demonstrate multi-tasking, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Publisher, Excel and Google Docs
- Be professional in appearance and attitude; contribute to a positive team atmosphere, treating others with respect and consideration while following Scheels’ policies and procedures
- Must wear appropriate protective gear (i.e. eye protection, face shield, gloves, apron, etc.) when using any power equipment, tools, chemicals or hazardous materials
- Exposed to various chemicals during the cleaning and bluing process. Occasionally be exposed to loud to very loud noises in the work area while using the test fire booth
- Associate’s Degree (AA/AS) or equivalent, six months to one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess Gun Smith School and Armorer certifications.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 5p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Best Discount in Retail
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.