Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Energy Operations Center Manager - Carrollton, Texas
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Our US Bureau OperationsManager leads a rapidly growing, nationwide team of experienced engineers andanalysts dedicated to helping customers improve and operate efficient highperformance and buildings.
Our US Bureau isresponsible for delivering remote energy and building performance servicesincluding Measurement and Verification, Energy Analysis and System Monitoring,and a suite of EcoStruxureTM Advisor offers. We support a national group ofbranches and partners who perform complementary on-site services and EnergyPerformance Projects.
This role requires ahigh degree of internal business collaboration and the leader is expected toboth personally demonstrate and instill a culture of high performance withinthe various US Bureau teams.
The manager must havestrong experience with guaranteed energy efficiency projects and representsSchneider Electric's Measurement and Verification approaches externally to highprofile client organizations within local, state, and federal organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary dutysatisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Lead and grow teamscapable of delivering a suite of remote energy services and advanced analyticsplatforms
Evaluate energy savingsestimates, conservation measures, and establish complex energy baselines tomeasure savings performance
- Build custom measurementand verification approaches for a wide variety of renewable strategies andconservation measures
- Deliver expertautomation support directly to end customers, regional Schneider ElectricBranches, and a diverse network of automation Partners
- Deploy and supportadvanced analytics software and services
- Establish team andindividual objectives and deliver performance in line with high performanceculture
- Coach, mentor, andmonitor employee's development of necessary technical expertise and strong workethic
- Deliver excellentinternal and external customer satisfaction
- Recommend, implement,and support improvements in service delivery processes, tools, and softwareplatforms
Act as subject matterexpert for all aspects of energy related connected services including but notlimited to Measurement and Verification, Energy Analysis and Modeling,Condition Monitoring, and Fault Detection and Diagnostics
Assist and advise salesand project development personnel with crafting or selecting appropriatesolutions to achieve client objectives.
Provide cost estimates
Collaborate with otherengineering professional disciplines to ensure Measurement and VerificationPlans are aligned with design and operational intent of the energy and/orresource conservation measures
Other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if:
- Minimum four-year bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Must have a minimum of ten years relevant work experience within an Energy Services Company (ESCO) or energy efficiency related field
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience within Energy Performance Contracting Business
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of building equipment, automation systems, energy modeling techniques, energy analysis methods, and utility rate structures.
- Advanced knowledge and experience crafting and negotiating project specific public and federal energy measurement and verification contracts for a wide spectrum of traditional and non-traditional renewable strategies and conservation measures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external Customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- Demonstrate a passion for customers, be attentive to detail, and have experience leading high-performance teams.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primaryduties.
The majority of the workis sedentary. However, when performing job site visits the employee willencounter: moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching,stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting ofmoderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as laptopcomputers, tools, ladders and other heavy equipment; driving an automobile,etc.
Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe primary duties.
While performing theprimary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a generaloffice environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will beexposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment roomswhich could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work indifferent environments while on various job sites. This job will requirebetween 10-25% travel to project sites, client headquarters, and various traderelated conferences. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or byairplane to destinations.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.