Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Field Service Representative - Cooling
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Performsassembly, startup, diagnostic, repair and preventivemaintenance work as directed by the District Service Manager / Region Directoron Company manufactured, as well as third party manufactured equipment.
· Perform pre-site,startup, repair, preventive maintenance and field modification on Companymanufactured equipment as assigned by the Customer Care Center.
· Provides sitesupervision to other FSE's on assigned projects.
· Complete alladministrative responsibilities on all work activities including field servicereports, expense reports, preventive maintenance and startup data sheets anddaily time card completion.
· Provide telephonesupport for customers and Field Service Associates.
· Work withcustomers, electricians, sales partners, technical support, DSM and RSD toresolve escalated issues.
· Must operatewithin all Company published guidelines.
· Demonstratepositive customer relationship building and management skills.
· Satisfactorilycomplete assigned product and customer relation skills training courses.
· Customerfamiliarization and Operator Training Class presentations.
· Onthe job training of Field Service Associates.
· Conductstraining seminars for Field Service Associates and or approved ServicePartners.
· Performssite visits with Service Partners, evaluates technical and professionalperformance.
· AssistsField Project Manager on larger system startups, will assume some projectmanagement responsibilities as required.
· Willact on behalf of the District Service Manager to resolve operational issues asrequired.
· Otherduties as assigned by the District Service Manager and or Regional ServiceDirector.
This job might be for you if you have:
· Associate degree preferred or similar experience in HVAC, Thermodynamics theory or similar discipline desirable and or military training equivalent.
· 2-4 years of field service repair and customer service with Airconditioning, or electro-mechanical related equipment required. Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Field Service Engineer or equivalent industry experience. Must be proficient at HVAC systems theory as required by the local District Service Manager.
· Computer literacy with standard business applications.
· Complete competence at utilizing test and diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, AC clamp meter, load banks and other electronic test devices.
· Superior customer relations and interaction skills.
· Fully adept at reading and interpreting schematics, drawings and theory of operation manuals.
· Thorough understanding of principles of Cooling, AC and DC power, various AC and DC supply circuit components.
· Driving and safe vehicle operation skills.
· Characteristics include self-starter, team player, punctual, personal and professional integrity, trainable, problem solver, organized, professional appearance, flexible, customer oriented and safety oriented.
· Capable of reciting and displaying appropriate safety techniques and practices associated with job requirements.
· Ability to write business reports, correspondence, procedures, effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
· Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels.
· Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.