Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leave of Absence (LOA) Coordinator
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze reported Family Medical Leave (FMLA) requests; to make determinations based on state and federal regulations; and to ensure that on-going claim management is within company service standards and industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies action plan; determines benefits due; and makes timely case decisions based on service expectations as established by the client.
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with claimants and clients.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. College degree and/or college courses preferred.
Two (2) years of administrative/general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Disability management and/or FMLA administration experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations
- Knowledge of medical disability management
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.is the leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions to major employers. We provide cost-effective claims administration, managed care, program management and related services through the expertise of over 10,000 in 190+ offices and service locations. We are the largest, most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive recognition both as the “Best TPA in America” and “Employer of Choice.”
Sedgwick unique positioning allows you to “Claim Your Future.” We provide satisfying, challenging work along with a highly professional, friendly work atmosphere. We strive to make Sedgwick a place where great people can do great things for our clients. We express this commitment through our colleague development program, multi-dimensional learning resources, and commitment to work-life balance. Sedgwick offers exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (day one health benefits, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k) plus match, EAP, generous vacation and PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
If you desire a company where you can positively influence lives while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email