Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Property Intake Associate
Farmers Branch, TX
Regular - Full Time
Property Intake Associate
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
To provide claim set up for incoming claims nationwide: to serve as the first point of contact for customer service incoming calls; to handle standard job duties with normal supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming calls for the customer service unit including calls from clients and insureds.
- Provides effective explanations of procedures, claim status, or payment information to clients and insureds.
- Enters claims data into claims management system upon requesting the appropriate information and analyzing the responses.
- Documents telephone conversations pertinent to the claims process in claims notes.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good customer service skills
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer