Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Examiner-Property
Farmers Branch, TX
Regular - Full Time
Quality Assurance Examiner-Property
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To monitor colleague technical activities at a claim file level with a focus on identifying and interpreting trends in compliance by conducting audits, identifying areas of concern and to recommend appropriate areas for training to management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of estimates, file documentation, notes, letters, and other items using Xactimate, Symbility, and/or other estimating applications; to ensure the claim file meets client specific standards and guidelines as well as Sedgwick best practices.
- Must have commercial and large loss property claims handling and review experience.
- Identify trends and opportunities to improve the overall quality and performance.
- Recommends training and improvement activities based on trends in quality audits.
- Participates in colleague coaching, mentoring and group training as needed.
- Participates in quarterly national total performance management (TPM) review meetings with national TPM and Quality leaders.
- Maintains technical claims and jurisdictional expertise.
- Receives and responds to e-mails/communications from adjusters or from clients.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other duties as assigned.
Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Travels as needed
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Professional certification (i.e. AIC, CPCU or ARM) preferred.
Six (6) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include three (3) years of claims handling experience at an advanced technical level.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be proficient in Xactimate, Xactanalysis and Symbility
- Must have experience with commercial and residential estimates including interpretation of policies and coverage analysis
- Thorough knowledge of claims management practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of quality and auditing process
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer