Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health - RN Case Manager - Irving, TX
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-TX-Flower Mound
- Experience (Years)
- Clinical - Registered Nurse
- Street Address
- 1241 Cross Timbers Rd
- Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
- Position Type
- Full Time-Regular
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) CASE MANAGER
Irving, TX and surrounding area
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
We currently have openings for REGISTERED NURSE (RN) CASE MANAGER
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Registered Nurse (RN)CASE MANAGER exists to provide direct patient care and functions as part of the Nursing Team. RNs use the nursing process for systematically assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care to maximize restoration and maintenance of the patient’s physical, psychological, spiritual health and goals; RNs also address patients’ comfort and pain relief, discharge planning, coordination of care with other disciplines, and serve as patient, family and coworker educators.
Employees in this position will:
- Performs a nursing assessment on all patients. The data collected forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Identifies teaching needs and goals related to the diagnosis of each patient from the nursing admission assessment and by collaborating with patient/family and the Interdisciplinary team.
- Provides patient information and status in a timely manner for the Initial Team Conference and for Re-evaluation Team Conferences. Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient’s response in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Participates in the patient rehabilitation program on. Is responsible and accountable for direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care with a priority on the education of the patient/family/significant other based on the health care needs identified. Uses a positive and encouraging approach to achieve patient goals and quality outcomes.
- Initiates discharge planning on all patients from the day of admission. Initiates patient teaching in anticipation of the discharge date.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding changes in patient’s status from one care provider to another, to support continuity of care and patient safety. This includes the attending physician . Seeks consultation from more senior nursing staff in support of complex clinical decision-making.
- Provides communication, direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively. Delegates appropriately.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the patient by providing calm direction and reassurance to other disciplines, patients and families. Participates in team building activities on to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Maintains communication with manager, senior nursing staff and other departments related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment (including repairs) and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties. Provides care in a cost effective manner while promoting quality patient outcomes, monitors supplies and charges.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education and self study.
- Responsible for functioning as the liaison among all parties involved with the patient both within the hospital and in the community as it relates to the development and implementation of a safe and appropriate discharge plan, as well as the supervision of clinical interventions that may become critical to the development and implementation of the discharge plan. Provides Case Management assessment and intervention as part of the discharge care planning process. The Case Manager participates as part of the interdisciplinary team developing, implementing, reviewing and revising the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Responsible for attending education/in-servicing on current trends in home health, policies and procedures of the organization, and changes in governmental, regulatory, and accrediting agencies to ensure compliance with standards of practice.
- Assures personal compliance with departmental documentation and timeliness of the same , i.e.: initial assessments, advanced directive, team conference reports. Conduct chart audits on a regular basis to maintain compliance, as requested by manager.
- Develops and maintains updated departmental community resources materials and patient education materials. Responsible for keeping abreast of current information regarding entitlement programs patients may need to utilize.
- Identification of inter-department and intra-department performance improvement projects, and carrying out of same.
- Coordinates with other departments to assure positive fiscal management outcomes for the patient.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective interdisciplinary working relationships with other clinical treatment team members in order to assure clinical outcomes that are appropriate, cost-effective, and beneficial to the patient.
- Screening patients for meeting admission requirements for payers including Medicare criteria
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Current Texas licensure as a Registered Nurse required; or, if licensed in a compact state at the time of hire, must obtain a temporary Texas license within 30 days of start date and permanent Texas license within 90 days of start date.
- BSN at time of hire strongly preferred
- Certified American Heart Association BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
- Previous home health experience strongly preferred.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.