Shamrock Trading Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager - Ryan Transportation
at Shamrock Trading Corporation
- Business Development / Sales
Ryan Transportation, a Shamrock brand, is a third-party logistics company specializing in freight brokerage services and managed transportation. For more than 30 years, Ryan Transportation has helped companies throughout North America take control of their shipping and improve their supply chains.
Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of brands in transportation services, finance and technology. Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has been voted one of Kansas City’s “Best Places to Work” for the last four years. We also have offices in Chicago, Dallas, Midland and Nashville.
Ryan Transportation and Shamrock Trading Corporation are looking for a Business Development Manager. This sales position is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and closing new brokerage and third-party logistics accounts for Ryan Transportation. The Business Development Manager will focus on selling to new customers while developing and growing existing accounts. An ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an outgoing, ambitious and dynamic sales personality.
- Close and convert prospects into customers
- Build ongoing relationships with existing customers
- Develop accounts for additional business opportunities
- Train new sales representatives and account managers
- Maintain continued sales activities in a fast-paced environment
- Execute all sales activities inside of CRM, including handling leads, tracking sales calls, updating opportunities and overall pipeline management
- Become an industry expert in transportation logistics
- Help further develop company sales strategies
- Manage customer onboarding, including contract negotiation, customer setup and account management training
- Develop positive internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in B2B sales
- Experience with sales processes, including CRM
- Proven experience making cold calls to close new business
- Demonstrated ability to further develop existing customer relationships
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities and team-player mentality
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed with minimal supervision
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus
- Some travel required
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees, where there are always opportunities for advancement.
Shamrock also offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their families:
- Medical: Fully-paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Financial: Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee stock ownership after one year
- Wellness: Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership to nearby fitness center (at corporate headquarters)
- Work-Life Balance: Competitive PTO and paid maternity and parental leave policies