Sheraton McKinney Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton McKinney Hotel
The Server is responsible for taking customer's food and drink orders, serve food and beverages, prepare itemized checks, and sometimes accept payments. May perform additional duties, which may include escorting guests to tables, serving customers seated at counters, setting up and clearing tables, or operating a cash register. They also check the identification of patrons to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol. Responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations)
- Food Handlers certification (must comply with State regulations)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Alcohol Awareness, Food Handlers, Safety, etc.
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant and lounge and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and specials in the restaurant.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S. system.
- Carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and side work duties according to station rotation assignment.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.