Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works in the Southwest Content Department, a division of the Production Department. Reports to Director of Production.
- Shoots Original Programming shows, features and sports news events. Works with Producers to plan what is needed on each shoot.
- It is necessary to have proven capabilities as a camera operator with a mindset of a director of photography using creativity in shot composition and storytelling.
- Transfers file-based video into media management system. Reviews raw video after shooting and reviews final show with producers and editors in effort to constantly get better as a cohesive unit.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Operate ENG camera in the field, edit video and music, design graphic content, conduct interviews, write copy, and work with production teams to develop creative content ideas.
- At times, this position will be required to shoot sports news events including pre and post-game interviews and news conferences
- The candidate must have a flexible schedule and be able to work some weekends, holidays and off-hour shifts when needed, and can travel for work when needed.
- Ability to operate an ENG camera (Sony FS5, Sony A7, or similar models).
- Experience with field production.
- Ability to set microphones and quality control check audio recording.
- Knowledge of general 3-point and more complex dramatic lighting concepts.
- Ability to conduct interviews in a “one-man band” type setting.
- Ability to complete a feature from start to finish.
- Proficient in Avid Media Composer.
- Proficient in Adobe Premier, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- General understanding of sports events and storylines with a focus on teams covered by the Southwest region: Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Texas Rangers, and Texas High School Football
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3+ years professional experience working in field and post-production required
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Strong communication skills
- Positive, creative mindset and ability to function as a part of a creative team
- Collaborate and take direction from producers in a one-on-one environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to understand, create, and incorporate digital effects
- A good eye for camera framing and capturing artistic visuals
- Desire to be around and capture the high-energy of sports
- A professional manner of conduct around athletes and team partners
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!