Sky Chefs Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Unit Driver
at Sky Chefs Inc.
Description of the job, responsibilities and duties.
The Support Unit Driver is responsible for driving to the field and act as standby for customer calls to supplement flights with necessary supplies. Unit Driver is in charge of providing excellent customer airline service. Must have the ability to follow direction. Will collect all supplemental items, food, dairy, ice, drinks and load on van. Must maintain log of items supplemented to flights and acquire signature of recipient for billing purposes. Ability to guide drivers on and off of aircraft, in accordance with AOA guide lines. Provide support to driver’s and other customer service employees as needed. Will ensure the highest quality product is delivered to our airline customers.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing professional customer service and safe, accurate and timely boarding of equipment and catering components on each flight
- Communicate effectively to minimize delays and resolve problems
- Excellent English communications and customer service skills required.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle high pressure and time sensitive situations.
- Must be able to adhere to all general safety, ramp safety, and food safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Must follow all grooming and uniform guidelines to be compliant with safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions and safety conscious.
- 2 years customer service experience or equivalent
- Act as a Guide for the Driver
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with clean driving record; Ability to pass a 10-year background check to obtain a SIDA badge
- Must be able to be flexible to work any shift/hours subject to change due to seniority shift bidding
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must have manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Must be able to grasp, write, stand, sit, walk, and perform repetitive motions, bend, and climb.
- Must possess visual acuity.
- Will be exposed to various temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise
- This position requires to be active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Expose to fall hazards
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k and so much more!
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- New Hire Incentive Bonus
- Participation in the company’s 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Overtime Offered: As Needed
Location: 2120 West 33rd St. Dallas, Texas 75261