Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Quality Engineer
Job Reference #: GBU008286
The incumbent is responsible for leading Quality improvement efforts across a range of manufacturing sites and products within the GBU. This may include technical and project management support to improve Customer Satisfaction levels, reduce cost of poor quality and minimize quality risks that could result in lost revenue, high consequence quality escapes or negative impact to Solvay reputation. The incumbent will interact with multiple disciplines/functions within the GBU to lead APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) activities to ensure Customer/Product key characteristics are known and manufacturing/system control strategies are effective for new or legacy products and processes. The incumbent may also lead RCCA investigations, quality audits and provide Quality Engineering support as assigned.
The incumbent will:
- Collaborate with various GBU Directors to identify quality improvement opportunities (multi-site),
- Provide project management leadership to drive these improvement efforts and communicate as required,
- Lead/facilitate APQP procedures and techniques to ensure Customer key characteristics for a product/process are known and the corresponding process control variables are controlled. This may extend to new or legacy products and processes,
- Provide leadership and oversight of RCCA's to ensure the corrective actions are timely, robust and effective,
- Collaborate with Customer and GBU personnel to assess and manage changes that could negatively impact quality risk levels; demonstrate a “Quality as a Value” mindset & behavior,
- Actively lead and participate in quality risk assessments and audits. Ensure timely, effective address of findings,
- Position will handle ITAR and NIST controlled documentation along with Customer proprietary information.
- BS in Engineering,
- 5-10 years' experience working as a Quality or Process Engineer within an Aerospace environment or other highly regulated industry (pharmaceutical or food – FDA; automotive – TS 16949),
- Experience with APQP or DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) procedures and techniques is preferred,
- Working knowledge of AS-9100Rev D/ISO-9000:2015 Aerospace Quality Management systems; familiarity with NADCAP certification process (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program),
- Working knowledge of Composite/Adhesives Unit Operations,
- Must be a US citizen or have Permanent Resident status. Must be able to obtain a valid US Passport and pass a background check.
- Possess strong, pro-active leadership and project management skills to achieve results
- Good personnel engagement skills,
- Good oral and written communication skills – concise presentation, easy to read and understand standards and technical documents,
- Demonstrated skill in APQP or DFSS tools and techniques such as process mapping, leading design reviews, FMEA (failure mode/effects analysis), interpretation of process/product specifications, and various process control strategies and methodologies,
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools – both lean and technical – including value stream mapping, 5S, process control and Measurement System Analysis or Gauge R&R,
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis – statistical and inductive/deductive reasoning,
- Working knowledge of DMAIC problem solving including 8D and FMEA methods,
- Must have led internal audits or RCCA investigations,
- Good computer skills including Google docs, MS Office, Statistical software (SAS, Minitab, JMP, etc.)