Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: GBU008459
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Operations Managers (OM) are responsible for ensuring that all Solvay and local SHE standards are met and for setting the standards and targets in relation to quality, delivery and productivity to ensure performance is sustained. This is accomplished by actively engaging across the whole of the work cell structure. Directly responsible for the overall success of the Work Cell structure and the Area Improvement Team process.
- Day To Day Operations
- Clearly communicate expectations around SHE, quality and productivity to Production Area Leaders.
- Ensures that Area Improvement Team activity is executed on time to plan.
- Ensure that Operations and Work Cell teams are working effectively with other departments (OF, quality, finance etc.)
- Communicates to Leadership Team and manufacturing teams overall performance to production plans, potential barriers from achieving the plans, and proposed corrective actions to assure that barriers are eliminated.
- Communicates concerns and issues of manufacturing employees with HR and remedies the issues in a timely manner
- Work with finance to manage period costs
- Work with order fulfillment and finance to ensure that labor is at correct level through the use of the labor tool.
- Work with program management and re-site teams to successfully introduce new products and revenue into the site. Allocate resource to project teams assigned to NPI.
- Work with GEO resource to successfully implement new processes and capital equipment into the site.
- Back up to Plant Manager when designated.
- Ensure that all Work Cell members have been properly trained and understand all SHE, Quality, Productivity and Continuous Improvement processes. Ensure that Production Area Leaders are qualified and capable of meeting the expectations and objectives set.
- Have long range development plan for Production Area Leaders to develop them into more senior positions within the business.
- Accountable for ensuring that Production Area Leaders are correctly managing performance in line with company policies. This includes the issue of disciplinary action where necessary.
- Goal Setting
- Production Area Leader goals are identified and aligned with Solvay Key X's.
- Goals for Work Cells are aligned with local quality and financial targets.
- Minimum 5-7 years manufacturing leadership experience in a fast paced environment.
- Must have experience in organizational change (expansion, reduction etc.)
- Continuous improvement background, including kaizen leadership. Demonstrated success in achieving improvements and business results.
- Bachelors of Science, engineering or technical background, MBA preferred
- Courage and Leadership
- Collaboration and Acts with Integrity
- Performance and Result Orientated
- Highly skilled in influencing and communicating with team
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure
- Highly motivated and driven
- Ability to think strategically while dealing with day to day issues
- Understanding manufacturing processes and value chain.
- Understand key operational metrics and communicate across organization to achieve clear alignment and focus.
- Understanding of maintenance, engineering and capital project processes.
- Understanding processes to engage cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Understanding of key financial metrics and data (EBIT, P&L etc.)