SRS Distribution Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SRS Distribution Inc.
Looking for smart, hard-working students interested in an internship unlike another other, with the following criteria and interests:
- The summer of 2020 is your last summer before graduation and can begin between May 18th and June 15th.
- High level of interest in a distribution and management career.
- Can intern for 10 to 12 weeks at a branch this summer either in your hometown or a new city for you to explore.
- Work on a mission-critical project and then present to executives at corporate.
- Interested in a head start as a Management Trainee when you graduate.
If this is you and we’ve piqued your interest, read on for the details of our program.
Our Internship Program:
The SRS Distribution Inc. 10 to 12-week summer Internship Program is designed to give you a taste of all aspects of our distribution center’s culture, service, sales, and operations, through hands-on experience and business-critical projects.
During the internship, you will be trained by your Branch Manager and their team, while learning and doing the day-to-day operations of a multi-million dollar distribution center. You will acquire a range of experience throughout the summer, such as receiving product, moving product in the warehouse, loading trucks, dispatch, delivery, answering phones to service the customer, entering orders, and outside sales by shadowing an experienced Territory Manager. You will have biweekly meetings with a coach to discuss your progression and to help you accelerate your learning experience.
Week-by-week: (Can change at any time, but here is an estimate.)
Week 1: Introduction, orientation, expectations, safety training, decide on project you will work on, and more.
Weeks 2-4: Warehouse and Delivery: Learn our products and processes by loading trucks, handling SKU’s, receiving products, completing proof of delivery, riding with drivers, assisting in deliveries, becoming familiar with DOT regulations, observe dispatching, and more.
Weeks 6-8: Inside Sales and Customer Service: Work the sales counter, enter orders, build relationships with customers, learn and use Agility, complete paperwork, lead generation, sales/customer service calls, etc. Observe the financial responsibilities of the Branch Manager and assist.
Weeks 9-10: Outside Sales and Project Completion: Observe and conduct sales calls with SRS employees. Roll out, complete, and present the research and results on your project at your visit to corporate headquarters.
We look for:
- Outstanding students with the summer of 2020 being your last summer before graduation. Academic record and aptitude for learning. We would like to see a 3.0 GPA or higher, though we have a great understanding for students who work part-time or full-time while attending school.
- Major in Business, Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Management or similar majors.
- Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references.
- Skills: computer, strategy, operations, organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Team involvement and leadership positions in school and at work are highly desirable.
- Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
- Ability and willingness to lift building materials on occasion.
- Interest in learning and working in a distribution center during the internship with the possibility of continuing with SRS full-time after graduation in our Management Trainee Program.
- Commitment to working in an SRS branch for 10+ weeks in the summer of 2020, and give a presentation of your project at corporate headquarters during your 3-day visit. All Interns are expected to attend.
- Candidates who have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation, are authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the US, and will pass criminal and driving background check with a pre-employment drug test will be considered.
- Kent, WA
- Spokane, WA
- Modesto, CA
- Boise, ID
- Joliet, IL
- Traverse City, MI
- Marietta, GA
- Fayetteville, GA
- Braintree, MA
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS
- Competitive salaries for all team members
- Medical, dental and vision benefits first day of the month following 60 days of employment available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with opportunity for company matching
- Life insurance is company paid, and STD and LTD, as well as additional life are voluntary benefits available
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Vacation benefits, seven paid holidays, birthday and a day of giving annually, and three paid time-off days after one year of service
- Opportunity for private stock ownership
- Enjoy a business casual/jeans work environment
- Employee referral bonuses
- We pay weekly!
SRS Distribution Inc. consists of a family of industry-leading, independent roofing and building product distributors. SRS has grown rapidly through acquisitions and the opening of multiple new locations since the February 2008 inception. This continual growth has established SRS as one of the fastest growing building products distribution companies in the U.S. Make money and have fun with us!
The goal of SRS is to form the strongest national network of independent roofing distributors with the most talented team of people working together to deliver the industry's best products and services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture where the corporate office works for the field and not the reverse. SRS is a private company sponsored by Leonard Green & Partners and Berkshire Partners and led by a management team of industry veterans. Find out more at www.srsdistribution.com.