Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
A/R Coordinator in Flower Mound, TX at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The A/R Coordinator will be responsible for generating invoices in two major ERP systems, tracking, and processing revenue, customer deposit collections, approving orders, determining sales rep commissions, and maintaining customer master standards. This role will require consistent communication with our field teams (Sales Reps and Project Managers) as well as our in-house teams (Customer Service an Tech Support) throughout the month. Also, this role requires a basic knowledge and understanding of accounting principles to ensure data is recorded accurately.
- Invoicing of all small part and tech support orders daily.
- Invoicing of all capital projects in SAP and Oracle once the Sign Off process is complete.
- Processing of revenue for capital projects with customer acceptance forms throughout the month.
- Ensuring all revenue is accurately recognized in the correct period in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Reconciling capital projects to ensure accurate billing throughout the life of a project.
- Participating in monthly and yearly closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Communicating with in-house and field teams throughout the month and at month end.
- Fielding of Customer and Sales Rep invoice/order inquiries.
- May provide periodic reports assigned as necessary.
- Order approvals through Salesforce.com.
- Creating and collecting all deposit invoices in assigned region.
- Ensure familiarity and correct application of Corporate and Division accounting policies and principles.
- Maintaining of customer master in accordance with set standards.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks for assigned region.
- Balances and reconciles accounts periodically.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.).
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Analyze statistical and financial data.
- Must be able to understand and explain routine accounting procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and accurate records.
- Effective reading and writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze multiple pieces of information accurately.
- Must be able to coordinate with other departments to solve issues.
- Must be able to maintain customer service orientation.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2+ years in accounting or related experience.
- Experience with complex ERPS system such as Oracle and SAP.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, Macros, Lookups, Formulas, etc.)
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent is preferred (but not required).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access (Desired but not required).
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.