Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Auditor in Flower Mound, TX at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Our team is growing!! Our IT Audit group is looking for great talent to contribute to the team's success. The IT Auditor will be responsible for assisting with planning and executing IT audits (SOX and Operational) and assisting with management consulting and special projects. In this capacity, the Internal Auditor will be expected to assess risks, assist developing audit work programs and conduct and document procedures in accordance with professional standards. The IT Auditor will demonstrate and apply technical competency and possess a strong understanding of IT General Controls and the COBIT framework. This position provides visibility to Stryker systems and applications, infrastructure and project management methodology. In addition, this position requires regular interaction with personnel from various IT disciplines as well as offers exposure to management within IT and the business. We are open to considering candidates with differing levels of experience, from internships to a seasoned professional, and the job title can be adjusted to reflect your experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and execution of detailed audit programs that address engagement/project risks.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Perform testing of IT General Controls and Application Controls over IT applications and infrastructure to comply with SOX 404 requirements.
- Assist in providing management consulting services to the organization (e.g., pre- and post-system implementation controls reviews).
- Utilize data analytics tools and techniques to increase testing coverage and high quality audit results.
- Ensure audit procedures are performed and documented in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA policies.
- Review the work of staff auditors and/or consultants during the execution of IT audit projects.
- Assist with the preparation and communication of audit findings and reports.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships.
- Track and manage to engagement budgets for time and expenses.
- Track and monitor implementation of management’s action plans and monitor remediation.
- Keep current on emerging IT risks, IT relevant topics and audit techniques.
- Review SSAE16 (SOC1) reports for key third party service providers.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science Required; Master's Preferred
Qualifications & Experience:
- PA, CIA or CISA is preferred, or willingness to obtain certifications in the future
- Previous IT Audit experience in an internal audit department or in an external audit firm required. Big 4 experience is preferred
- Solid understanding of IT General Controls or General Computing Controls and the impact on financial reporting
- Experience in application controls and related testing approaches for ERP systems (Oracle, JD Edwards or SAP)
- Experience with Data Analytics tools like ACL or IDEA or advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Information Security processes and best practices highly preferred
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.