Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Area of Interest
- Human Resources
- Business Unit
- Position Type
- Job Family
- Human Resources
- Job Location : Location
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for assigned employee groups in a multi-state geography with a focus on timeliness and accuracy to create a seamless employee experience.
- Coordinates the processing of bi-weekly payroll cycles and expedites off-cycle payroll runs as required.
- Handles payroll details for a specific group of employees: administering direct deposits, W-4 information, boot/tool deductions or additional pays, garnishments, insurance deductions, etc.
- Administers all payroll duties in accordance with established company policies.
- Ensures adherence to strict audit guidelines, including SOX requirements.
- Troubleshoots all payroll processing and time & labor issues, addressing and mitigating any issues in a timely manner; exercises sound judgment as to when to escalate issues to Payroll Supervisor or Manager.
- Working closely with the Payroll Manager and Payroll Supervisor, updates and maintains critical payroll tables.
- Works with payroll outsourcer on matters concerning manual checks, voids, stop payments and reissued checks.
- Processes new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations in timely manner and according to company procedure.
- Handles reconciliations and special projects as needed.
- 3+ years of multi-state payroll experience
- PeopleSoft Payroll/Time and Labor experience
- Experience with payroll tax at federal, state, and local levels, including solid knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Technical skills in a variety of areas including, payroll processing, reporting, account reconciliations and performance of SOX controls
- Experience processing large volume multi-state payroll
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, especially MS Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Highly detail oriented; organized and able to multi-task under pressure
- Exemplary client service orientation.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.