Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment Rental Specialist
at Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Pump & Power Services Equipment Rental Specialist is responsible for the professional and efficient servicing of all telephone and walk-in customers in the rental and sale of all types of construction/industrial equipment and store items. This position is considered the Company’s front line of contact with the customer, whose purpose is to understand customer equipment needs, negotiate and place orders and create rental contracts, and support sales development and customer satisfaction efforts with a courteous, helpful and professional attitude at all times. Position may be responsible for additional tasks in the profit center, and may train and lead others.
Pump & Power Services is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Determines/understands customer equipment needs through questioning and qualifying; provides alternative equipment suggestions to customers if appropriate based upon information obtained using an extensive knowledge of all equipment available
- Negotiates price and volume of original orders by maximizing rate and volume
- Places high volumes of equipment orders by obtaining customer information (checking customer account or obtaining credit application for new customer); finalizes details about when, where and what equipment is required; selects equipment/merchandise from inventory and places the rental/purchase order in the computer system (including cash rentals); organizes transportation for orders (i.e. coordinates deliveries and collections while optimizing the use of transport)
- Secures equipment by checking availability of equipment with shop (performs research to determine when unavailable equipment will become available); provides adequate notice to Dispatch and Service Departments for upcoming equipment requirements; coordinates with other PCs when necessary to secure equipment
- Administers rental contracts (new and existing) including on and off rental dates, rates and all ancillary charges, amendments, suspensions (ensuring prompt collection of equipment), terminations (ensuring all ancillary charges are made), filing of contracts and related paperwork, and checking invoices and credit memos against contract files
- Handles customer complaints in a professional manner in order to resolve the complaint to the satisfaction of the customer and Sunbelt Rentals
- Supports sales and marketing efforts by performing prospecting calls, forwarding sales leads and incoming inquiries to the sales group, and acting as a liaison for marketing in respect to product promotions and frequent renter programs
- Records details of calls in phone log and maintains lost rent logs
- Reviews daily management reports and provides regular feedback to Profit Center Manager regarding fleet and merchandise inventory, as well as pricing
- May deliver and pick up equipment
- Manages projects undertaken at the Profit Center including engineered pumping systems, power generation systems, and all others that come up as part of the Specialty Business. May include management of all labor and materials to maximize profitability and meet all customer and safety requirements
- May be responsible for other tasks, including stocking and maintaining store showroom merchandise, loading and unloading equipment, dispatching, timekeeping, and/or performing basic maintenance to equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager
- Valid Driver’s license
- At least 3 years of equipment rental industry experience or a 4-year college degree with at least 1 year of equipment rental experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction equipment and pricing policy
- Strong telephone skills
- Customer service aptitude
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Lift, bend, stoop, squat, reach, crouch and kneel. Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
- Able to read instructions, numbers legibly in English
Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the largest equipment rental companies in North America. Backed by a national network, Sunbelt successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt’s extensive fleet exceeds $4.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
- Climate Control Services
- Industrial Services
- Tools & Equipment
- Oil & Gas Services
- Pile Driving Services
- Pump & Power Services
- Scaffold Services
- Remediation and Restoration
- Flooring Solutions
- Facility Maintenance
Sunbelt Safety & Training:
Central to our company’s policies and practices is our focus on the safety of our customers and employees. We offer comprehensive safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms and forklifts. In addition, all Sunbelt employees undergo mandatory worker safety programs administered by location managers and those who operate company vehicles complete a safe driving program. Learn More
Why Work Here?
At Sunbelt Rentals, we place enormous value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide for our customers. All our employees benefit from extensive on-the-job training which is amongst the best in the industry. Our advancement opportunities are why many of our staff remain with us throughout their careers. A career with Sunbelt Rentals means diversity, teamwork, recognition for exceptional performance, and room to grow!
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And many more
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran