Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admission Clerk (Pool)
- # of Openings
Texas Health Surgery Center Irving is an Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Irving, Texas. The center is a joint venture partnership with Precision Orthopedics, SCA and Texas Health Resources. The newly renovated facility is located on the second floor of a medical office building shared with Precision Orthopedics. The facility performs orthopedic and pain management procedures in 2 Operating Rooms and 1 Procedure Room. Hours operation are Monday through Friday.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
To support the facility by greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the lobby, answering switchboard, and acting as a resource for facility. Registers patients on the day of surgery and performs other medical office functions. The Admitter will function within the Center’s policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Greet patients and visitors to the facility. Notify facility personnel of arrival as needed
- Copy insurance card(s).
- Verify patient identity, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Reprint label and consent/face sheet, correct PAS as needed
- Notify Insurance Verifier of insurance changes.
- Maintain clean and tidy waiting room/lobby area.
- Verify vendor appointments and obtain signature in visitor log.
- Answer all incoming calls to the facility. Relay information in accurate, concise manner.
- Open mail, date stamp and distribute.
- Prepare charts for next day cases, ensuring medical records from previous visit are retrieved
- Maintains patient privacy per HIPAA regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent; one to five years’ or more experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field preferred; Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications; Working knowledge of Medical Terminology and basic knowledge of Insurances.
- Warm, friendly personality with a commitment to treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, supervisor, and other facility teammates
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.