Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR Circulator – Full time
- Hidden (27771)
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Craig Ranch is a multi-specialty surgery center located in McKinney, TX, just 30 minutes north of Dallas, TX. We have 5 operating rooms and 1 procedure room. Our teammates are among the best in the industry in terms of experience and professionalism. We work toward efficiency in our fast-paced center but never at the expense of patient safety. We live by our SCA values and they drive everything we do. We are 100% committed to Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Circulating RN for our multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center. Our ideal candidate will be able to circulate all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Scrub experience a plus. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Provides safe patient care by verifying proper patient identification, following time-out protocols, and ensuring that resources and supplies are available to maintain a safe surgical environment.
- Assesses the patient’s condition prior to transportation to the surgical suite and before start of procedure. Works with teammates and physicians to develop the care plan for the patient undergoing surgery.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure by meeting knowledge gaps, providing emotional support and clinical expertise.
- Prepares the surgical suite by ensuring necessary supplies and instrumentation are present, sterility is maintained and surgical counts have been completed.
- Prepares the patient for surgery by providing a safe environment for the patient, properly positioning the patient, and completing the surgical skin preparation.
- Participates in proper hand off to both relief staff and during transfer to recovery room.
- Assists in room turnover process and ensures the surgical suite is ready for the next patient.
- Ensures the goals of the facility are met through personal ownership and investment in the success of the facility. Promotes growth of others through precepting, mentoring, and orientation when appropriate.
- Serves as a positive, clinical role model to facilitate staff development and a positive work environment. Provides feedback to supervisors and other teammates in a constructive manner.
- Associates degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program required. BSN preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas required.
- Certification in BLS and ACLS. PALS required within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 2 yrs OR circulating experience required, scrub experience preferred.
Please click HERE to apply.