Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Hidden (27771)
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Denton is an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located in Denton Texas. It is a multispecialty ASC.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Radiology Technologist is responsible for the fluoroscopic x-rays (C-Arm) procedures and other radiation procedures according to facility policy. The Radiation Technologist is responsible to assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The Radiation Technologist performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of radiation equipment, including the maintenance and care of equipment.
- Applies principles of radiation protection.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and stores films according to facility policy and guidelines.
- Maintains documentation, reports, and files according to facility policy.
- Calculates and regulates equipment using established technique, knowledge and skill.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Sets up and operates radiation equipment in operating/procedure rooms.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited radiology program required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the Operating room
- Knowledge and understanding of radiology principles and practices.
- Certification in radiation technology preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
Please click HERE to apply.