SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Arlington, Texas office offers a unique work environment and specializes in natural and cultural resource management in the environmental consulting industry.
Your role will be to hep the Texas-Gulf Coast GIS Team manage daily GIS tasks, including spatial data management, figure production, and other GIS duties, as assigned. You should be able to work Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM at our office in Arlington, Texas.
What you will accomplish
Help support GIS/cartographic capabilities by creating complex final map products supporting natural, cultural, paleontological and other environmental resource projects using ESRI GIS products through the use of basic, complex, and analytical data representations from metadata, data sets, and geodatabases. Include attributes from different data sources, symbolizing features, importing/exporting a wide range of file types, and producing production and field maps. Assist field crews with managing and troubleshooting GPS units and tablet based mobile devices.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, GIS Technology (GIST), Biology, Environmental Science or related field with a focus on GIS (or GIS certificate)
- Demonstrated experience with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files
- Knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures Pro required
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS Pro 2.x and ArcGIS Online/Portal strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using basic spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel, Access, GIS attribute tables)
- Prior work in natural or cultural resources management, remote sensing, and prior experience working with federal land agencies such as the USFS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS preferred
- Knowledge of Enterprise GIS, ArcSDE, ArcServer, Python, .NET, Java, PHP, HTML, key markup language is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines at once
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and produce high quality work required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.