Tamko Roofing Products Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Cyber Security
at Tamko Roofing Products Inc
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a Director of Cyber Security for our Cypress Waters office in Dallas, Texas. The Director of Cyber Security serves as the process owner of all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee and business information in compliance with the organization's information security policies. A key element of this role is working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Working directly with the CIO to create the strategies and framework for TAMKO’s IT/business transformation.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies.
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems.
- Communicating with key executives about IT security threats.
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents.
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches.
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations.
- Develop, manage, motivate, and retain high quality staff and advisors.
- Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements.
- Championing and educating the organization about the latest security strategies and technologies.
- Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
- Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement.
- Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
- Ensuring compliance and governance is met.
- Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities.
- Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change program is introduced, a security breach occurs, or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered.
- Devising strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimize the risk of cyber-attacks.
- Reviewing, analyzing and delivering data information.
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, IT Security, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Professional security management certification preferred (CISSP, SANS GIAC, etc.)
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT and Security, 4 of which were in a senior management role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Previous experience implementing frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, or applicable.
- Technical knowledge of different types of networking, applications and operating systems.
- Regulatory compliance knowledge, including HIPAA, SOX, PCI, NIST and GLBA.
- Understanding of Federal, State, and Local laws concerning data acquisition, protection and transmission.
- Familiarity with assessing and securing cloud service models preferred.
- Stellar oral/written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in a customer facing role.
- Experience with design principles to ensure security, including broad knowledge of information security principles such as dual control, authorization, authentication, access control, etc.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to operate computer and other office equipment.
- The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods and traverse the office floor.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.