Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COOK - Juvenile Services
at Tarrant County
Plan, organize, prepare and serve nutritious meals three (3) times daily for the youth and staff of three (3) secure institutional programs and off-site programs as developed by the Department. Comply with the food service guidelines of the Special Nutrition Program and Standards for Secure Juvenile Pre-Adjudication Detention and Post-Adjudication Correctional Facilities.
(THE SELECTED CANDIDATE(S) FOR THIS POSITION
MUST TAKE AND PASS A PRE-PLACEMENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION)POSITIONS MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
AFTER A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS IS RECEIVED
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, prepares and serves meals
2. Cleans kitchen and related equipment to maintain sanitary conditions
3. Follows all kitchen security procedures
4. Documents the use of food supplies
5. Takes inventory of food supplies
6. Receives verifies incoming food orders
7. Dates and stocks all food supplies
8. Launders kitchen towels and aprons
9. Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Requirements
- NOTE: You must fill out the work history and education sections of application to show you have years of experience/education as required by hiring department or be disqualified.High School diploma or equivalent + Minimum of one (1) full-time year experience in a related field.
Must obtain Food Handlers Certification within six (6) months of hire date.
Ability to read and perform arithmetic operations involved in calculating food quantities and recipe changes.
Valid TX driver's license and automobile liability insurance required.
(A PRE-PLACEMENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION IS REQUIRED)
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, reach, stoop, stand and walk in an indoor commercial kitchen located in a locked security facility. Exposure to kitchen appliances.