Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SANITARIAN I - SOIL & SEWAGE DISPOSAL, Public Health
at Tarrant County
- Protect public health by inspecting permitted facilities, e.g. food service, swimming pools, on-site sewage facilities, and enforce related laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform educational activities related to public health, respond to emergencies and investigate complaints including, but not limited to, vector control general sanitation, water pollution and air quality.
Work Schedule: Required to work weekends and evenings, as needed.Posting may close at any time.Tarrant County employees enjoy superior health and insurance benefits.
For more information, please click on the link below:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs inspections of regulated facilities to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
- Performs investigations of complaints.
- Works independently making specialized and detailed surveys.
- Prepares written reports and correspondence of activities.
- Educates the general public in matters of public health via presentations and meetings.
- Interacts with members of the general public and other government officials.
- Appears in court as part of enforcement of laws, rules and regulations.
- Reviews plans of permitted facilities.
- Maintains and updates records.
- Investigates illness outbreaks.
- Travels to sites where inspections and education are taking place.
- Performs all other related duties involved in the operation of the Public Health Department as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
- NOTE: YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK HISTORY and EDUCATION SECTIONS OF APPLICATION TO SHOW YOU HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION AS REQUIRED BY HIRING DEPARTMENT OR BE DISQUALIFIED.
TO APPLY, must have a Bachelor's degree or higher with 30 hours of Natural Science
TO APPLY, must possess a valid and current driver license. (Note: Must have Texas driver license to hold the position.)
Must be eligible for registration as a Professional Sanitarian by the State of Texas.
Must become and maintain status as a Registered Professional Sanitarian in Texas within Two (2) years of employment.
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment
at New Hire Processing or during the promotional process.Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past ten years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, bend, stoop, push and pull.