Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Position type: Full time
Location: McKinney, TX
The Tech Air Companies are distributors of medical, specialty, industrial and welding gases and related welding supplies and equipment. Tech Air believes that business can grow based on family service and values. We have been providing the highest quality products, outstanding customer service and expert technical support to our customers throughout the United States for decades.
Our mission is to provide Nothing But the Best in Products, Services and Solutions to our customers.
Summary: Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
Provides quality service to customers through product sales and delivery:
- Services existing account, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Listens to customer’s needs and uses product knowledge to suggest the best products to meet their needs.
- Adjusts content of sales presentation based on type of sales outlet or trade factor including explanation of the product values to increase closing the sale.
- Builds rapport with customer to create current and future sales.
- Provides customer an accurate quote for products of interest.
- Accurately enters product orders, referring to price lists and product literature.
- Ensures accurate customer billing and payment receipt.
- Ensures products delivered to location are accurate.
- Delivers product to customer in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
Continually seeks to understand, develop, and increase sales:
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, merchandising technique, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent communication skills - phone, electronic and interpersonal.
- Strong basic computer skills (Microsoft Office & Google Products)
- Ability to multitask
- Time management & organization skills
- Education: High School Diploma; Business degree a plus
- License / Registrations/ Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 3-5 years of successful outside sales experience highly preferred; experience in industrial gas or welding supplies required
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 60 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer