Texans Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer/Database Administrator
at Texans Credit Union
Position Purpose and Objectives
This position involves overseeing all the Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Databases. The Systems Engineer/DBA also supports the server infrastructure consisting of Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers. The position is also responsible for various financial application upgrades and interfacing with the application vendors.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
- Implement, manage, monitor and maintain server environment, consisting of various Windows systems
- Systems Engineer/DBA day-to-day support to include:
- Server management (monitor, tune, install, maintain hardware and software, establish baselines, recommend upgrades and replacements, patch/upgrade software, utilities and licenses.)
- Level III service desk calls and ensure calls are completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Storage management planning and maintenance for routine backups and data recovery
- Application support: install new users and install/tune applications
- Perform and ensure system and data backups and recovery are completed and reliable
- Maintain inventory for all servers and related equipment
- Support specialized project development activities associated with the computer environment
- Use problem management software to log in problems and track until solved
- Interact with clients at all levels of the organizations for preventative support issues.
- Assist in the planning and execution of annual disaster recovery testing.
- Perform Oracle DBA and MS SQL Server DBA duties such as Backup, Performance Tuning, Clustering, Log Shipping, and Recovery
Positions directly lead: None
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
Microsoft SQL Server DBA
Fiber Channel/ISCSI Storage Networks
Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
Dell Server Infrastructure
Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Office Suite/Visio
Microsoft Group Policy Objects
Microsoft Exchange Server
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities desired for this position:
VMWare Site Recovery Manager
Microsoft Team Foundation
Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to work occasional after hours and weekends
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Systems Engineering and DBA role. IT experience and knowledge working in a financial institution is highly desired.