Texas Capital Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Capital Bank
- Location: Address
- 2221 Lakeside Boulevard
At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News. For further information, please visit us atwww.texascapitalbank.com.
The Senior Internal Auditor will assist Internal Audit Department management in the implementation and execution of a risk-based audit process. The role will perform such tasks as: consulting with management regarding risk and controls; coordinating audits and projects, preparing reports and briefings while ensuring high standards are maintained related to work papers and other documentation.
- Assist in the development and completion of a comprehensive risk based, Internal Audit plan, including SOX testing, and ensuring that all activities conform to established Internal Audit Department policies and procedures
- Develop and use programs and analyses that assist in the audit and monitoring processes
- Assist the organization in the monitoring and assessment of various areas of risk, including but not limited to credit, liquidity, compliance, interest rate, price and/or capital management risks.
- Prepare, review, and present audit results with all levels of management
- Serve as lead auditor on specific assignments directing the activity of audit team members and/or third-party providers
- Prepare and execute specific audit programs, procedures, and tasks to provide assurance on the adequacy of governance, risk management, control and compliance processes of the Bank
- Work with managers of various business units to coordinate responses and develop action plans, as necessary, to respond to deficiencies and/or recommendations noted from internal audit, external auditors, and regulators
- Ensure the quality of all internal audit work complies with Internal Audit Department Charter, established policies and procedures, and professional standards
- Through continuous education, maintain and improve knowledge of corporate governance, risk management, internal controls, compliance and internal audit processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- 5-10 years of Internal Audit, public accounting, regulatory experience specific to banking required
- Experience testing for mortgages, credit reviews, capital planning, liquidity, asset and liability management, compliance or related risks preferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes such as internal control documentation, walkthroughs, testing and reporting preferred
- Holds or is actively pursuing professional certification(s) such as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or advanced degrees preferred
- Experience with audit analytics tools (i.e. ACL, IDEA) and visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI) preferred
- Understanding of commonly used International Professional Practices Frameworks (COSO and PCAOB), risks within financial services and related risk management processes preferred
- Superior communication (verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills required
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and project management required