Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Adolphus
Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaux arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
The Executive Chef directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Kitchen budget, marketing/business plans, and capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
- Manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food
- Ensure Kitchen is safe and a sanitary work environment with conforms to all standards and regulations
- Direct the daily operations including room service, banquets, breakfast and manager's reception
- Continually analyze and control the labor and food costs to meet/exceed budget objectives
- Develop and implement menus and back-up to continually improve revenues and profit
- Ensure that all department associates maintain the utmost cleanliness of kitchen and food storage
- Train all personnel to deliver the best product at the highest brand and procedural standards
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
- Execute and promote Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times including proper glove and hair containment
- Maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety and health department guidelines
- Ensure that all personnel are current with ServSafe certification and TABC certification
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a first class hotel/resort or restaurant
- Minimum (2) years experience as Executive Chef
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
- Experience managing food costs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- TABC and Food Handler Certification requiredvvvv
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.