Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Adolphus
Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
Maintain property cosmetic appearance in accordance with the property preventative maintenance procedures and standard guidelines for CARE, Make Ready Team, and Perfect Room Team. Maintain, repair, and clean all guest rooms, meeting rooms, and/or public spaces.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
- Understand and have ability to use all painting equipment and supplies.
- Familiar with OSHA and building code requirements.
- Mix and match paint, read blue prints for color matching.
- Must be able to operate paint sprayers, use related hand tools, and man lift equipment.
- Paint surfaces using spray gun, brush or roller.
- Mixing and matching of paints to proper color using thinners.
- Preparing surfaces using, sandpaper, steel wool, and scraper.
- Prepare surfaces for painting stucco, drywall and wood.
- Use proper filler to repair nail holes, cracks and joints.
- Apply different types of texture on drywall and stucco.
- Apply paint with cloth, brush, roller to create special effects.
- Dispose of hazardous material per OSHA.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, reach, stand, kneel and climb ladders.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 year painting experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.