Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preventative Maintenance/Rooms Houseman
at The Adolphus
Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
This position is responsible for the providing preventative maintenance throughout the hotel spaces to ensure The Adolphus standards and appearances are top priority. Maintain, repair, and clean all guest rooms, meeting rooms, and/or public spaces in accordance with the property room preventative maintenance procedures and standard guidelines.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and/or public spaces as required to include but not limited to the follow:
- Maintain cleanliness of the rooms including flipping mattresses, vacuuming behind and underneath furniture, deep cleaning carpet, touch-up painting, dusting and cleaning bathrooms
- Ensure that all appliances are present in the room and in working order, clean and replace light fixtures, and inspect grout and caulking.
- Minor repairs such as repairing furniture, drapes, drains, plumbing fixtures, TV systems, phones, tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls and other repairs as needed
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor. ? Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
- Prior preventative maintenance experience required or other relevant environmental services experience
- Flexible schedule including the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting.
- Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance and a minimum of 100 lbs with assistance. Push/pull objects weighing up to 100 lbs without assistance.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Excellent people skills
- Must meet grooming standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeated movements of the arms, hands and wrists
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a moderate weight frequently
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning , evening, night, and weekend shifts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.