Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The French Room Captain
at The Adolphus
Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
The French Room captain is responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience for all visitors to the French Room. Captains are responsible for having an in depth and working knowledge of all food and beverage products that are offered in the French Room.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
- Inspect all aspects of dining room for proper set up and maintenance, and insuring that table sets and common spaces meet the French Room Standard.
- Inspect table place settings in your station: table linen, china, glass, silverware chairs, banquette, and centerpiece are perfectly placed, clean, undamaged and attractive.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of all food and beverage offerings.
- Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful, CARING attitude of EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate guests’ needs, ensuring guests are provided with menu, water, beverages in a timely manner
- Crumbing between courses as needed
- Being able to take orders as needed
- Responsible for clearing and resetting tables.
- Responsible for assisting with all food and beverage service in restaurant and bar.
- Responsible for providing assistance to the guests throughout the meal.
- Perform any scheduled, assigned or delegated duties in order to maintain restaurant cleanliness.
- Perform all opening and closing side work.
- Occasional guest greeting and seating.
- Knowledge of menu and wine list.
- Restock china, silverware and glassware.
- Transport soiled china, silverware and glassware to the dish cleaning area.
- Keep all service stations clean and organized
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience in a high volume, fine dining restaurant strongly preferred.
- Employee is regularly required to stand for several hours, walk stairs, see, talk and hear.
- Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly walk, stand and/or crouch on narrow, slippery and/or moving surfaces.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate noise, smoke, cooking smells, in tight spaces.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a similar luxury environment
- Knowledge of and experience with food and beverage industry standards and best practices.
- Enthusiasm, a service-first mindset, and a passion for the hospitality and service industry
- A 5-star attitude and warm-friendly personality
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Must have the ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
- Must have the ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Must have the ability to operate beverage equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.