Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The French Room Line Cook
at The Adolphus
Since opening its doors in 1912, The Adolphus has served as an icon of Dallas and an integral part of the City’s history and culture. Situated on the original site of City Hall, the hotel was modeled after a beaus arts German castle. In its recent restoration and renovation, the hotel’s storied past is both celebrated and reimagined. There is a sense of discovery at every turn.
Inspired by its original design — The French Room has been thoughtfully restored and is currently pursuing experienced Cooks to join the team. The French Room’s menu draws on French culinary traditions and methodology with a fresh sensibility, including thoughtful table-side flourishes and a comprehensive wine program.
The French Room Cook is responsible for cooking at key production stations in the preparation of meats, fish, and poultry by braising, baking, roasting, (oven or rotating spit) and high-level skillet/sauté’ work required in a four star fine dining restaurant.
We seek to hire the best. Leaders of high character and humility with genuine passion and aptitude for hospitality. People who choose to be in hospitality because they have an open and generous nature and seek to make guests happy. We are a group of people who are proud of the work we do. Caring leaders, perfectionist chefs, intelligent creatives, generous hosts, meticulous operators, inspiring teachers, tireless doers, and all-around devotees of hospitality. We create value by empowering the team. We encourage our teams to stretch their thinking, move beyond their comfort zone and achieve their full potential. By providing a platform of support service, like the best in technology, finance resources, talent development, marketing and communication support, we allow them to focus on the heart of their business – hospitality and people. We are passionate about people and attract, develop and retain the best in hospitality. We thoughtfully seek out and groom talent, both within our company and outside, by promoting from within, developing a culture of growth and learning and partnering with the local community.
At Makeready http://makereadyexperience.com/ we create independent hotel, restaurant and retail brands. Each of our brands has a distinct point of view but they all share a common purpose: to inspire deeper connections with the world around them – city by city, person by person. Every Makeready experience embraces local culture, honors past and present, and invites curious guests to delve into the detail of their surroundings.
- Maintains high standards of quality and appearance for all food prepared and served.
- Responsible for the preparation of food items. Checks prep list, inventory on hand against projected needs to determine the items that are needed for the day.
- Prepares and cooks food orders, including meat, fish, poultry and related items according to prescribed menus or recipes in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Directs during day to day operations to ensure culinary standards are met and operational guidelines are followed, including recording of time and temperature reports.
- Assist in the acceptance of deliveries and the recording of all inventories.
- Efficient preparation of all food items based on established recipes and plating procedures.
- Familiarity with creating and following a specific prep list.
- Implements the directives given by culinary leadership.
- Assists utility personnel to ensure optimum standards of sanitation, health, and safety.
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly according to specifications.
- Set ups and restocks kitchen.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food preparation equipment.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Fine Dining Restaurants
- 3+ years of prior culinary experience or culinary degree, or combination of the two.
- Must be able to work any scheduled hours and shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to multitask and demonstrate teamwork, remain calm and organized in a fast paced environment while collaborating with other team members.
- Must be detail oriented: quality and accuracy are critical.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong time management skills.
- Safe and efficient production of food products including quality and quantity control, par levels, food storage, and product rotation, cutting, slicing, sauté, frying, grilling, and butchering.
- Food Handlers Certification
- Previous culinary experience in a professional kitchen
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, and stand for 8-12 hours per shift
- Previous culinary experience working in a high-volume restaurant (preferred)
- Culinary Degree (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.