The Beck Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preconstruction Manager (Factory Blue)
at The Beck Group
- Factory Blue
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
We're Factory Blue, the largest and most innovative multi-trade pre-fabrication facility in North Texas. We are focused on modularization and prefabrication of building components across a broad range of project types. We provide whatever a project team would need to recognize their goal of implementing more off-site manufactured construction components. Our manufacturing facility and office are in the Centerport region of DFW; however we pursue work primarily in Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Fort Worth, and Tampa. At Factory Blue, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest, and that's why we are seeking Preconstruction Managers/Estimators like you to help continue building Factory Blue's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Factory Blue is looking for a qualified Preconstruction Manager with some Business Development experience to join an extraordinary team in Fort Worth, Texas. While this is an individual role, you will be involved in many facets of preconstruction with the ability to evolve our existing operations. As the Preconstruction Manager, you will support the team leader on preconstruction duties and responsibilities by leading projects or scopes of work from $250K to $50M in size independently, as well as larger projects and scopes of work with oversite.
The position involves the following essential functions:
- Provide accurate quantity takeoffs and initial pricing
- Independently estimate Interior and Structural Scopes of work with minimal direction and understand applicable specifications sections and has a working knowledge of various construction means and methods
- Organize and develop an estimate using UniFormat, CSI, and Bid Tabulation, has a working knowledge of Uniformat, 16 CSI Divisions, and MasterFormat WBS Classification Systems
- Develop and maintain project documents and perform bid day process accurately and reliably
- Assist in the prequalification of subcontractors / vendors and management of the sub database
- Proficiently and regularly administer one or more BIM tools in daily practice
- Reliably execute overhead, fee, and insurance add-ons, and billable wage rates and benefits
- Participate in presentations to clients; Demonstrates the ability to manage a client
- Organize estimates to meet construction PM needs
- Identify major risk items of a project and a plan to mitigate those risks
- Interpret conceptual, schematic, or bridging documents and develop cost estimates
- Experienced in preparation of Conceptual Cost Models
- Understands basic, intermediate, and advanced modeling functionality
- Knows and is able to create the components of a strong conceptual model/estimate deliverable package
- Has a broad understanding of BIM in general, and other BIM related technologies.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing in order to facilitate a truly integrated process in every aspect of the work.
- Planning: Capable of strategic planning for his/her group. Establishes realistic schedules for projects and gives adequate direction to his/her team members for successful project completion.
- Effectively manages consultants and knows when to seek external assistance for specialty items
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, develops resolution, and effectively communicates course correction.
- Is capable of managing multiple projects at a time, managing portfolio clients and providing oversight to other team members
- Initiative: Taking appropriate action as situations arise without waiting for direction.
- Potential for traveling to other offices/regions for pursuits, supporting our other offices
- Ability to respond to RFP's/RFQ's, structure fee proposals, track and project pursuit costs
Who we think will be a great fit
A person with the willingness to learn while also having a comprehensive understanding of building construction, conceptual estimating, excellent time management skills, a passion to get things done, and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity. An individual with an interest in fabrication, manufacturing and an interest in being innovative in process improvement and technology will be an ideal candidate for this position.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 5-10 years of relevant commercial construction and/or preconstruction experience
- Construction Field, prefabrication, or Manufacturing experience is a plus
- College graduate with relevant degree
- Proficient with Excel, DESTINI Estimator, On-Screen Takeoff, or comparable preconstruction technologies
- Experience with Procore, Revit, Fusion 360, and SketchUp is a plus
Frequently required to sit, stand, and move about the office; frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; ability to adhere to timely and consistent attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Factory Blue.
The Factory Blue is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.