The Dallas Morning News
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital News Producer - Al Dia
at The Dallas Morning News
Al Dia currently has a job opening for a Digital News Producer. This position is responsible for publishing stories and visually driven packages to aldiadallas.com, and promoting news content on social media channels. The position requires for this person to report, edit and aggregate news packages pertinent to Al Día’s coverage mission and priorities. This position plays a key role in helping Al Día’s meet strategic audience growth plan.
- Upload and publish stories on aldiadallas.com on a daily basis.
- Create news packages to increase audience for aldiadallas.com.
- Apply all S.E.O best practices on each news packages and stories.
- Write and edit headlines, subheads and summaries for news packages, according to professional news writing standards, and using Al Dia’s news writing style.
- Report, research and produce video and multimedia packages for aldidallas.com
- Prepare and incorporate photos, graphics and multimedia elements into news packages.
- Design and produce news teasers to promote Al Día content through Social Media channels.
- In coordination with the Digital Editor, help to slot stories and packages for the social media programming.
- When required, coordinate digital publication packages with originating desks.
- Exhibits the highest standards of news judgment in selecting and posting content on aldiadallas.com
- Maintain constant communication with IT to ensure that the website is always up; troubleshoot for broken links or any other inconsistencies on the display of news and areas allocated to Advertising and Marketing.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Web producing, news writing and copy editing.
- Must be adept with news of the day and be knowledgeable about the online news publishing environment.
- Must be bilingual with the ability to speak and write fluently in English and Spanish.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with assigned deadlines; must have ability to interact productively and enthusiastically with other news employees and all levels of Al Día and The Dallas Morning News; must be self-motivated and maintain solid work ethic; must be a team player; must have strong end-user computer skills; must know how to write excellent headlines and cut lines; must know how to select, edit and post photos; knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver are essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in news judgment; excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- A strong desire/ability to learn to use digital cameras, audio and video recorders as part of the reporting process is preferred. Understanding of social media publishing platforms and standards