Town of Little Elm
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Streets Crew Leader
at Town of Little Elm
|Title:||Streets Crew Leader|
|Salary Range:||$20.86 / hour|
Frontline supervisor for special projects over the Street staff. This position is designed to ensure timely repair and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure including; sidewalks, streets, signs, banners, facilities, properties, storm water and road systems. This includes but not limited to leading and organizing unique projects, training and use of equipment, tools, and directly participates in all activities necessary to complete assigned tasks. The candidate must be highly motivated, organized and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
High School diploma/ GED
Some College preferred
Training programs on signage, work zone safety, equipment operations
3 years street maintenance experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
1. Must be bondable.
2. Must have a Texas Class “A” Commercial Drivers License (“CDL”).
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines, drive vehicles and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (80) eighty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to establish and maintain respectable and communicative relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
- Use tact and diplomacy with public and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with city staff, supervisors, residents, and vendors.
- Must possess strong organization skills and be entrepreneurial, energetic, and imaginative.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of machines, including, but not limited to, radio, personal computers, telephone, calculators, smartphones, tablets and copiers.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines and experience in prioritizing, planning, and scheduling.
- Self-motivated and skilled at coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments
- Must have the ability to perform tasks under pressure, with short deadlines and the ability to work overtime and flexible hours as necessary.
- Works independently in the absence of specific instructions or supervision.
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to participate in the development and administration of division goals, objectives and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and monitor policies, procedures, regulations, organizational structures, etc. verbally, written in a short timeframe.
- Read, understand, and follow the Town of Little Elm’s Human Resource and Safety policies and Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP.)
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Outdoor environment; exposure to conditions of construction and Public Works project sites including loud noises, dust, heavy vehicles and equipment; exposure to inclement weather; exposure to traffic and other hazards while conducting field inspections; exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, slippery surfaces, and other related conditions.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Guarantees the online work order system is used and updated.
- Confirms that emergencies and time sensitive tasks are handled promptly.
- Guarantees staff is trained on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and in the appropriate usage of town’s equipment, tools, and infrastructure.
- Make sure the equipment, tools, and infrastructure are used in a safe manner.
- Ensure that materials and equipment are on hand and available for tasks assigned to work crews.
- Assists with maintenance and monitoring of supplies inventory.
- Incumbent will be required to be On-Call during certain periods and respond to work orders and requests after hours and on weekends.
- Coordinates with co-workers on job assignments, staff and equipment essential for street or storm water repair and maintenance operations.
- Directs staff, helps with all daily operations as necessary.
- Helps develop recommendations of equipment, tools, and infrastructure needed.
- Helps set standards, guidelines and implement temporary traffic control or work zone safety measures needed for daily and seasonal operations such as obtaining necessary TxDot permits to perform banner change outs or signage maintenance along TxDot highways.
- Checks work quality, efficiency and quantity of repairs performed.
- Performs streets and storm water maintenance and repair work in both asphalt and concrete mediums. Prepares for pouring concrete and laying asphalt, to include mixing by hand where applicable.
- Prepares for work orders through loading tools and materials; cleans such after use.
- Participates in traffic control design and activities relating to street, sidewalk, stormwater and sign maintenance.
- Performs installation, maintenance and repair tasks on various structures, i.e., sidewalks, driveways, street signs, banners, drainage inlets and outfalls.
- Utilizes various manual, gas, and hand held tools and equipment in maintenance and repair tasks, i.e., shovels, rakes, brooms, saws, hammers, wrenches.
- Utilizes various vehicles and equipment in maintenance and repair tasks as needed, i.e., service trucks, front end loaders, bucket trucks, compactors, jack hammers.
- Checks street and storm water systems for optimum operation as well as banners and signage for uniformity and maintenance.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.