Town of Little Elm
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wastewater Operator (Collections)
at Town of Little Elm
|Title:||Wastewater Operator (Collections)|
|Salary Range:||$16.52 / hour|
|Hours:||7 AM - 4 PM (& rotating on-call)|
This position is responsible for performing skilled to highly skilled duties in the operation and maintenance of the Town’s wastewater collection system. Work includes observation of collection system performance, sample collection, odor control process adjustment, sewer taps, trouble shooting electrical panels, cleaning and preventive maintenance of collection system components. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
High school diploma or equivalent; AND one (1) years of wastewater collection experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must obtain a “I” Wastewater Collection certification within 12 months (one (1) year) from date of hire.
- Must obtain a “II” wastewater Collection certification within 36 months (three (3) years) from date of hire.
- Must obtain a Texas Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (“CDL”) with Tanker Endorsement within six (6) months of employment.
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
SKILLS & Knowledge
- Reading and interpreting gauges and recording devices.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Using a personal computer and specialized software applications.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Read, understand, and follow the Town of Little Elm’s Human Resource and Safety policies and Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Adhere to State and Federal laws and regulations governing wastewater plant operations; including Texas Commission On Environmental Quality (TCEQ) standards.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Outdoor environment; exposure to conditions of construction and Public Works project sites including loud noises, dust, heavy vehicles and equipment; exposure to inclement weather; exposure to traffic and other hazards while conducting field inspections; exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, slippery surfaces, and other related conditions.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Monitors Collection System to verify equipment is functioning properly; maintains equipment; switches; pumps; and control panels to verify correct operation of equipment as well as assist in sludge removal / driving Towns roll off truck and records information.
2. Learn, assist with, and perform, preventative maintenance and emergency operations of the wastewater collection line to include but not limited to, identifying system defects and structural failure, and working with cleaning and inspection equipment as necessary.
3. Learn, assist with, and perform, the installation of sewer service connections.
4. Submit required documentation on the proper document form and then submit to regulating agencies
5. Perform maintenance of utility easements and rights of way, as well as, maintenance of vehicles, equipment, tools and facilities.
6. Generate and complete work orders utilizing computerized maintenance system and perform other related duties as assigned.
7. Maintains system reports and records by compiling daily reports, recording all data accurately and in a timely manner, in electronic format.
8. Monitors wastewater odor control equipment and makes necessary facility adjustments and lets the crew-leader know of any defects and system chemical levels.
9. Monitors SCADA system.
10. Incumbent will be required to be On-Call during certain periods and respond to work orders and requests after hours and on weekends.
11. Ensures the safe operating conditions and wears proper personal protective equipment required per work site, i.e., traffic hazards, proper equipment and tools operation, erecting required / correct barricades, road and signage.
12. Actively assists with providing on-the-job training to new employees,
13. Operate specialized equipment such as; vac-truck, jetter machine, crane-truck, dump truck etc.
14. Performs other duties as required
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.