Trend Micro Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Manager - Dallas, TX or Ottawa, ON
at Trend Micro Incorporated
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Employee Type
- R- Regular
- Full Time / Part Time
- Full Time
Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Trend Micro is seeking an experienced events manager to oversee and manage a combination of large internal Trend Micro events, such as global sales kickoffs and customer & partner summits, and Trend’s sponsorship and participation at major industry events. These events represent a significant integrated marketing and sales activity, and a projection of the Trend Micro brand. The Event Manager will draw on diverse skills and direct experience to manage all elements of an event, from conception through planning and execution.
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing and executing the participation and sponsorship of large industry trades shows and conferences across North America;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and organizing show plans for industry events; communicating plans to internal stake holders, and executing at events;
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting for major industry events and conferences, including managing, maintaining and reconciling budget for each event;
- Must have experience working with Show Management, trade show labour, rigging, A/V, shipping, internet, etc,, as well as overseeing/managing the installation at trade shows of a large complex booth;
- Must have experience working with exhibit houses, and ideally have experience overseeing the design/development of trade show booths;
- Ability to work with conference and event stakeholders, including Trend Micro executives, product and sales teams, and individuals in senior positions with customers and partners;
- Experience working with AV organizations and on-site AV teams in supporting the AV requirements and Run-of-Show for a large conference;
- Experience in defining and overseeing F&B requirements for conferences in excess of 1500 attendees;
- Organize and execute customer receptions, overseeing all elements from definition, registration, catering, budgeting and follow-up.
- Experience in performing site visits to assess suitability of conference facilities and hotels for large Trend Micro events
- Experience in broader marketing roles (marketing communications, integrated marketing) an strong asset;
- Assist in multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and ensuring budgets and deadlines are met;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strong communication skills (particularly writing), Solution oriented, problem solving skills;
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Extensive Travel may be required
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.