Tribune Content Agency

Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.

Similar Jobs

Job Details

Accountant

at Tribune Content Agency

Posted: 9/25/2019
Job Reference #: 3329

Job Description

  • Job LocationsUS-TX-Lewisville
    Posted Date4 months ago(7/1/2019 2:55 PM)
    Requisition ID
    3329
    Category
    Finance / Accounting - Accounting
    Position Type
    Full-Time
  • Overview

    Responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions to ensure that monthly financial statements are properly recorded. To prepare period-end journal entries and perform analytical review procedures during the monthly close and the reconciliation of the various balance sheet accounts thereafter. Approximately 30% of the month is devoted to journal entries and close procedures with the remaining 70% devoted to account reconciliations.

    Responsibilities

    RESPONSIBILITIES:

    • Prepare and post a high volume of journal entries for multiple clients during a compressed monthly close (relatively low level of complexity)

    • Prepare a high volume of balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple clients (relatively low level of complexity)

    • Ensure compliance with internal controls

    • Participate in process improvement projects

    • Document processes and procedures

    • Generate and distribute reports as needed

    • Monitor Group Email boxes and provide timely responses

    Qualifications

    REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:

    • 4 year college degree required with an emphasis in Accounting preferred

    • 0-2 years of accounting experience

    • Excellent oral and written communication skills

    • Ability to work with numerous “clients” (Business Units etc.)

    • Detailed and customer service oriented

    • Deadline oriented and willingness to work additional hours to meet those deadlines

    • Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information

    • Intermediate Excel skills

    • Well-developed Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle skills with Access skills desirable
    Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.