Tribune Content Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tribune Content Agency
- Requisition ID
- Finance / Accounting - Analysts
- Position Type
The Financial Analyst’s objective is to, with limited guidance, execute timely and effective sales commission calculation, performance management reporting and analysis for multiple levels within the organization, including senior management, finance, human resources, and sales sales personnel. The role will assist in comp plan design implementation, and create consistent reporting for both local and national levels of the sales organization. The reporting and analysis performed by the role will enhance management’s ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the sales organization in its achievement of sales objectives.
- Calculate and review monthly, quarterly, and annual commissions in Excel and Xactly Incent.
- Design, test, and implement new sales performance plans in Xactly Incent.
- Provide accurate and timely sales performance reporting utilizing Xactly Incent and other tools.
- Create standardized and ad hoc reports as well as dashboards to monitor sales performance versus variable measures.
- Execute reports to provide performance reporting at the territory, local market, and national level.
- Maintain territory assignments in databases and reporting tools.
- Create compensation cost of sales analysis and metrics based on quarterly/yearly sales, products, business rules, and compensation plans.
- Execute in-depth analysis to support sales revenue and growth objectives for specific teams utilizing strategic skills to translate data to executable tasks.
- Serve as a liaison with Information Technology to ensure that Xactly Incent data feeds are operating properly.
- Assist in training sales teams on commission calculation systems, reporting tools, and company policies and procedures.
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in revenue assignments and commission pay; research and analyze disputes; ensure adequate troubleshooting and resolution during high-volume periods.
- Suggest improvements to processes and comp plan design structure.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, as well as provide a high degree of service delivery and accuracy and financial information reporting.
- Must be accountable and reliable and demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management of multiple projects and ability to be productive and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Adapts well to changing environment and priorities.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer focused, demonstrates initiative, and effective in a team environment.
- Shows ability to develop self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles.
- Demonstrated commitment to team goals and ability to lead processes and projects.
- Interacts well with all levels of management; strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience with financial analysis, sales commissions, or compensation analysis required.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with with Xactly Incent, or similar automated system for commission calculations strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience required.
- 3+ years strong financial modeling and reporting experience required.
- Proficient utilization of Microsoft Office including Excel (advanced) and Access required
- Experience with Oracle Financial Cloud, Tableu, PowerBI, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus
- Experience in a customer driven Shared Services environment and exceptional customer service skills prefered.
- Works under the direction of the Sr Manager, Financial Operations, and Analysis.
- This position works in a team-oriented environment working with internal clients (BUs, HR, Comp Team, Finance, Sales Employees)
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, using the telephone, and a calculator.
- Will regularly talk, hear, and handle paper and digital files.
Reasoning Ability and Mental Work Demands
- Ability to analyze, define, and solve problems, including collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Regular and on time attendance.
- Hours may exceed 40 hours per week.
- Some travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle, and the like within the region and to other locations as required.